Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be Ware of False Prophets

Psalm 121Image by john.duffell via Flickr


Jeremiah 23:16,21-22,25
16Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 21I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. 22But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings. 25I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.

There are prophets that are prophesying unto you, but the Lord didn’t give them the authority. They are speaking visions and dreams from their own heart because they want to be recognized as hearing from God when in fact they are not. His Word says, if they are truly His prophets why haven’t the people turned from their evil ways and doings. His Word carries the anointing which delivers God’s people from bondage and yokes that need to be destroyed. These false prophets are in pride and they are having false imaginations.
Psalms 10:2 “The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.:
“I say this day, repent of your pride before it is too late….. Give hear to My Word. Wait until I move, do not exalt yourself. Man can not promote you, only I can”

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment