Thursday, December 3, 2009

Two Lessons to Learn

Finding our Hope in God Alone

Mark 8:34              If I can learn every moment of the day to depend upon God,

34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.


everything will come right.
You will get the higher life
if you depend absolutely upon God.

Two Lessons that Man Has to Learn in his Spirit Led Life-

                        Blessed is the man who learns both lessons.




1 Man can do nothing


2. What has been impossible to him is possible to God.


A Man Learning to Surrender to God:

The one stage is when a man is trying to do his utmost and fails, when a man tries to do better and fails again, when a man ties much more and always fails And yet very often he does not even then learn the lesson: At first he fights against it; then he submits to it, but reluctantly and in despair; at last he accepts it willingly and rejoices in it.


I have often been asked by young Christians: “Why is it that I fail so? I did so solemnly vow with my whole heart, and did desire to serve God; why have I failed?


To such I always five the one answer: “my dear friend, you are trying to do in your own strength what Christ alone can do in you.”

NOTE:            God works to will, and He is ready to work to do,
but, many Christians misunderstand this.
They think because they have the will,
it is enough, and that now they are able to do.
This is not so.
The new will is a permanent gift,
an attribute of the new nature.
The power to do is not a permanent gift,
but must be each moment
received from the Holy Spirit.

I am thine, and all that I have.

1 Kings 20 1And Benhadad the king of Syria gathered all his host together: and there were thirty and two kings with him, and horses, and chariots; and he went up and besieged Samaria, and warred against it.
2And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Israel into the city, and said unto him, Thus saith Benhadad,
3Thy silver and thy gold is mine; thy wives also and thy children, even the goodliest, are mine.
4And the king of Israel answered and said, My lord, O king, according to thy saying,


I am thine, and all that I have.

What Ben Hadad asked was absolute surrender; and what Ahab gave was what was asked of him-absolute surrender.
 
every child of God ought to yield himself to hear
…the condition of God’s blessing is absolute surrender of all into His hands. Praise to what God will do for us, and to the blessing God will bestow.
And how can I learn to love? Never until the Spirit of God fills my heart with God’s love, and I begin to long for God’s Love in a very different sense from which I have sought it selfishly, as a comfort and a joy and a happiness that


“God is Love” and to claim it,
 and receive it
as an indwelling power
for self-sacrifice;
 is to be like God and like Christ,
in giving up everything in myself
for my fellow-men.

May God teach us that!
the love which only the Holy Spirit
can fill our hearts!

Do not wait upon God only for ourselves,
or the power to do so will soon be lost;
but give ourselves up to the ministry
and the love of intercession,
pray more for God’s people and for the work of God
and the answer will surely come,
and our waiting upon God will be a source
of untold blessing and power.

Notes taken from: Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray



Prayer –

 Father, let the Holy Ghost have full dominion over me, in my house, in my temper, in every word of my tongue, in every thought of my heart, in every feeling toward my fellow men; let the Holy Spirit have entire possession in Jesus Name Amen,






No comments:

Post a Comment