Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I DELIGHT TO DO THY WILL

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
1Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.
2Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
3For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
WHAT IS THE LORD’S DESIRE FOR US TO LISTEN THEN OBEY
DO NOT BE HASTY TO COMMENT WITHOUT THINKING FIRST. WHEN MOSES PRAYED FOR HIS SISTER HE PRAYED 5 WORDS “Heal her now, OGD, I beseech thee.”
In the rabbinic sources some rabbis believed that some dreams reflect an overabundance of unrelated fleeting thoughts, and over anxiety in practical affairs;
Perhaps, this may be so in some cases and Solomon is reminding us to keep our words few. When I think of when Jesus spoke, especially when He was healing or through deliverance His words were few.
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray today and each day I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue and that my mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the mediatation of my heart shall be understanding. I thank you for the power over my tongue in Jesus Name Amen – Ps 39:1; Ps 49:3


No comments:

Post a Comment